Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pictures from Laos

I can only describe so much- a picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a books worth of images of Laos. It's a pretty wonderful place, landscape, people, culture, food, you name it and it's pretty nice.

I also wanted to talk about one of the other surprises I've seen here, and that's in the tourist. It's not the numbers that surprise me (there are a LOT), but the type. There are a lot of families here, some with little kids even. In Cambodia at least half of the tourist were families. I think this is a great idea as it definitely gives the kids some first hand experience with different cultures and peoples, though I think little kids (less then 13?) are probably too young to appreciate or remember much of it. I also can't imagine the work of traveling in a foreign country with small children!

3 comments:

a said...

very pretty indeed. :) we miss you here!

love, sis

eric rice said...

Enjoying the ride and the pics!!!

Miss you!!!!
e

Ron said...

Everyone back home is following your adventure. In its own way, your blog is uniting the family as never before. Way to go Pete!